Industrial Automation and Controls
Industrial Automation and Control Systems (IACS) are an assortment of solid-state, electromechanical and mechanical devices that perform several control, monitoring and actuation processes on many logic devices and intricate process-type systems. IACS can track and control many processes through sensors on machines, smart devices, and software and hardware that turns sensor information into different control outputs. IACS systems consist of various components, such as sensors, actuators, controllers, communication networks and human-machine interfaces. IACS can improve the efficiency, quality, safety and reliability of industrial operations by automating tasks that would otherwise require human intervention or manual labor. IACS can also provide real-time data and feedback to optimize performance and reduce costs.
The applications and industries of an IACS include:
- Motor controls and accessories (AC and DC brakes, motor controllers, adjustable speed and variable frequency drives)
- Autotransformers, reactors, transducers
- Process control systems
- Integrated manufacturing
- Power generation and water treatment systems
- Various human-machine interface devices
- Machine logic control systems (PLCs, Process Controllers (PCs), DCS)
- System integration services
- Automotive and transportation sectors
- Facility management
Contact Midwest Engineered Systems to learn how we can analyze your current production systems and develop a robotic automation system that increases productivity and efficiency!
Building the future of manufacturing, together