With each automation project, Midwest Engineered Systems implements a project management process that walks through the steps for successful equipment integration. The process describes the procedures that are taken to manage every element of the project.
- Receive Order – When a new order is received, MWES begins our project process. This milestone system insures quality along the entire process from concept to installation.
- Project Kickoff – Resources are assigned and schedules are created outlining key milestones for each automation project, as laid out in the customer specifications.
- Mechanical Design – Systems are designed with the latest technology to help our customer be successful.
- Electrical Design & Programming – The appropriate control system architecture is developed to meet the customer needs
- Procurement – Purchasing works with approved vendors and our in-house machine shop to minimize cost and to control schedules
- Build & Test – The custom production automation solutions are built at our MWES facility to maintain our high standards of quality
- Demonstrate Capabilities – The automation system is run off for the customer to check that it meets all expectations
- Install – All new manufacturing integration systems are professionally installed by our field installation teams. Training and a one year warranty is included.
In addition to providing a comprehensive set of project procedures, the project process gives Midwest Engineered Systems a practical approach to managing projects from start to finish.