Under the supervision of the Mechanical Engineering Manager, the Mechanical Engineer designs, develops, and tests aspects of mechanical components, equipment, and machinery. Demonstrates creativity and ingenuity when applying engineering principles to design custom machining projects involving automation principles. The Mechanical Engineer works as a member of a project team and coordinates work with others while achieving an on-time completion of the project within budgetary constraints.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Develop the structural design of products using drafting tools or computer-assisted design (CAD) or drafting equipment and software.
- Research, design, evaluate, install, operate, and maintain mechanical products, equipment, systems and processes to meet requirements, applying knowledge of engineering principles.
- Collaborate with project team, peers and management to implement operating procedures, resolve system malfunctions, or provide technical information. Recommend design modifications to eliminate machine or system malfunctions.
- Develop and test models of alternate designs and processing methods to assess feasibility, operating condition effects, possible new applications and necessity of modification.
- Develop, coordinate, or monitor all aspects of production, including selection of manufacturing methods, fabrication, or operation of product designs.
- Specify system components or direct modification of products to ensure conformance with engineering design and performance specifications.
- Provide Project Manager (PM) with timely status reports of assignments.
- Complete all necessary Project Development paperwork and produce meaningful project control documentation.
- Support the build team as required for timely and efficient system start-up
- Travels as required to complete project tasks.
- Maintains a strong company presence and positive working relationship with customers, subcontractors, vendors and coworkers to accomplish smooth system start-ups.
- Stay current on new developments in the industry.
- Comply with all quality and safety regulations.
- Carry out other tasks and assignments as requested by the Mechanical Engineering Manager or Project Manager.
Education and/or Experience
- Minimum of an Associate’s degree (AA) in Mechanical Engineering and 3-5 years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience using CAD software, SolidWorks preferred
Our people are the most valuable asset we have. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, inventiveness, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities and talent that our employees invest in their work represents a significant part of not only our culture, but our reputation and company’s achievement as well.
We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.
Apply for this position
Fill out the form below to apply for this position.