Under supervision of the Mechanical Engineering Manager, the Mechanical Engineer designs, develops, and tests aspects of mechanical components, equipment, and machinery. Demonstrates creativity and ingenuity when applying engineering principles to design custom machining projects involving automation principles. The Mechanical Engineer works as a member of a project team and coordinates work with others, while achieving an on-time completion of the project within budgetary constraints.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Develop the structural design of products using drafting tools or computer-assisted design (CAD) or drafting equipment and software.
- Research, design, evaluate, install, operate, and maintain mechanical products, equipment, systems and processes to meet requirements, applying knowledge of engineering principles.
- Collaborate with project team, peers and management to implement operating procedures, resolve system malfunctions, or provide technical information. Recommend design modifications to eliminate machine or system malfunctions.
- Develop and test models of alternate designs and processing methods to assess feasibility, operating condition effects, possible new applications and necessity of modification.
- Develop, coordinate, or monitor all aspects of production, including selection of manufacturing methods, fabrication, or operation of product designs.
- Specify system components or direct modification of products to ensure conformance with engineering design and performance specifications.
- Provide Project Manager (PM) with timely status reports of assignments.
- Complete all necessary Project Development paperwork and produce meaningful project control documentation.
- Support the build team as required for timely and efficient system start-up
- Travels as required to complete project tasks.
- Maintains a strong company presence and positive working relationship with customers, subcontractors, vendors and coworkers to accomplish smooth system start-ups.
- Stay current in new developments in the industry.
- Comply with all quality and safety regulations.
- Carry out other tasks and assignments as requested by the Mechanical Engineering Manager or Project Manager.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Minimum of an Associate’s degree (AA) in Mechanical Engineering and 3-5 years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience using CAD software, SolidWorks preferred
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret documents such as general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or government regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondences, and instruction/procedure manuals. Ability to write correspondences and routine reports. Ability to effectively communicate and present information one on one and in group situations to customers, clients, vendors and other employees within the organization.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as physics, probability and statistical inference, along with the fundamentals of plan and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, rations and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Professionally to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Efficiently interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to project a competent and likable impression of yourself and the company to customers and vendors. Ability to interface with company employees (including managers, colleagues, and shop personnel); verbally, in writing, and in person; in a positive and helpful way. Professional written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite programs including Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook. Proficiency using Windows-based personal computers including common apps such as internet browsers, photo and video viewers, PDF file viewers, online meeting software, etc.
- Exposure to a variety of engineering software including SolidWorks and AutoCAD
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or touch objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach above shoulders; and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move drawings, files, parts, and manuals weighing up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Our people are the most valuable asset we have. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, inventiveness, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities and talent that our employees invest in their work represents a significant part of not only our culture, but our reputation and company’s achievement as well.
We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.
Apply for this position
Fill out the form below to apply for this position.