Applications Engineer (AE)
Posted: April 2021
Midwest Engineered Systems Inc. (MWES), an innovator and leader in complex systems integration, has been providing custom design and automation solutions for over 25 years. A company dedicated to customer satisfaction and successful solutions, MWES continues to expand its capabilities and has become a valued supplier to many loyal customers. MWES technical expertise includes a vast knowledge base serving customers in many industries.
MWES, located in Waukesha, Wisconsin, is currently recruiting for an APPLICATIONS ENGINEER. This is a full time, direct hire position. MWES offers competitive wages and a complete benefit package.
Our ideal candidate will have a minimum of an Associate’s Degree in a related field, such as electronics, robot or automation technology and 10 years of experience; or Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering and 7 years of experience. This person should also have experience using or applying various industrial or automation equipment, such as robots, electric motors, servo motors, conveyors, PLC’s and related control systems, specialty machines, gear boxes, pneumatics, bearings, etc. Machine design experience required.
Under supervision of the Applications Engineering (AE) Manager, the Applications Engineer works with the Sales Engineer, customer, and other company personnel to develop concepts for equipment and systems for sale to our customers; determines the selling price and terms for the proposed equipment; and creates accurate and complete proposals for delivery to the customer by the Sales Engineer.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Work with Sales Engineers, customers, internal and external resources to gather information and define a solution for the project being proposed
- Work extensively with vendors to determine the performance, interface, price, and delivery time of components to be purchased for a project
- Create proposals that are complete and accurate that meet the company’s goals for profitability within the time frame allowed
- Create cost estimates that cover the entire cost of a project including labor, parts made in house, parts purchased from suppliers, and other associated costs
- Produce and modify concept and layout drawings, either 2D or 3D, required for the proposal, either personally or by utilizing company CAD resources
- Travel as required to customers or vendors
- Meet with company management to review proposals prior to delivery to the customer and implement recommended changes
- Modify and update existing proposals
- Recommend changes in procedures, design, or equipment where necessary
- Upon receipt of an order, relay all pertinent information to the project team needed to successfully execute the project
- Participate in design reviews and customer meetings as needed throughout the production of the project
- Comply with company policy and all quality and safety regulations
- Other duties or responsibilities as assigned
- Experience developing price estimates or proposals for mechanical or electrical automation equipment.
- Experience developing technical documents describing mechanical systems, how they function, and what components are used to construct them.
- Proficiency with producing 2D or 3D CAD files using software such as AutoCAD or Solidworks.
- Project Management experience.
Midwest Engineered Systems Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.