Job Posted on July 2021
Midwest Engineering Systems Inc. (MWES), an innovator and leader in complex systems integration, has been providing custom design and automation solutions for over 30 years. A company dedicated to customer satisfaction and successful solutions, MWES continues to expand its capabilities and has become a valued supplier to many loyal customers. MWES technical expertise includes a vast knowledge base serving customers in many industries.
MWES, located in Waukesha, Wisconsin, is currently recruiting for a MACHINIST. This is a full time, direct hire position. MWES offers competitive wages and a complete benefit package.
Our ideal candidate will have experience working in a job shop environment machining everything from one off parts to small batch runs. This person should have experience with using manual machines and programming, set-up and operating CNC machines.
Under the direction of the Machine Shop Supervisor, the Machinist is responsible for the set-up, adjustment and operation of machine tools to perform progressive machining operations on a variety of standardized work having close tolerances and finish requirements.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Set up, adjust, and operate machine tools and many specialized or advanced variation tools in order to perform precision machining operations.
- Work from drawings, schematics, blueprints to machine parts using machine tools such as turning machines, boring and drilling machines, grinders, and lathes.
- Measure, examine, and test completed units in order to detect defects and ensure conformance to specifications, using precision instruments such as micrometers.
- Align and secure holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials onto machines.
- Monitor the feed and speed of machines during the machining process.
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Education & Experience
- High School Diploma required; equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Minimum 3 years machining experience; both manual and CNC
- Mastercam experience is preferred
Midwest Engineered Systems Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The above statements reflect the general details necessary to describe the principle functions of the occupation described and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the occupation.