Under the direction of the Controls Engineering Manager, the Software Engineer performs computer software activities relating to the design, testing, and manufacture of electronic components, products, and systems. Involved in all phases of the product and systems development life cycle. Works as a leader of a project team to effectively conduct the decision-making process and assume ownership for project related issues and actions. Contributes to new system concepts and customer contact. Performs site start-ups, achieves an on-time completion of project within project budget.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Design HMI screens
- Develop integration into customer databases using C++, C#
- Code and integrate WMS (Warehouse Management Software) into ERP/MRP or other components
- Utilize and Develop Web Services using JSON and/or SOAP framework
- Write software code using company standard methods and conventions. Software may be written using, but is not limited to, the following procedural and programming languages: C++, C#, VB.Net, SQL.
- Develop software design based upon project specifications. Lead software integration, verification and validation.
- Maintains competence in required skills and an awareness of newly released software.
- Meets project schedules. Provides lead project engineer with timely status reports of assignments.
- Produces meaningful project control documentation.
- Performs in-house testing on control components and systems. Performs software tests at vendor site as needed.
- Travels as required to complete project tasks.
- Supports customer training efforts.
- Maintains a strong company presence and positive working relationship with customers, subcontractors, vendors and co-workers to accomplish smooth system start-ups.
- Comply with all quality and safety regulations.
- Other responsibilities as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree (BA) in computer engineering, computer science or related field; or an associate’s degree and three to five years of programming experience preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience coding using C#, C+ and/or C++
- Minimum of 1-3 years’ experience using JSON and/or SOAP.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience coding WMS, Warehouse Management Software. Proven experience and thorough understanding of WMS systems preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as correspondences, safety regulations, instruction and procedure manuals. Ability to write correspondences and routine reports. Ability to effectively communication one on one and in small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees within the organization. Ability to read and interpret documents such as invoices, bank deposit slips, procedure manuals, and various documents.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole number, common fractions, percent’s and decimals. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, commissions, and interest.
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to project a competent and likable impression of yourself and the company to customers and vendors. Ability to interface with company employees (including managers, colleagues, and shop personnel); verbally, in writing, and in person; in a positive and helpful way. Professional written and verbal communication skills.
- Requires the ability to operate a wide variety of standard office equipment, such as a computer and keyboard, a calculator, telephone, FAX, photocopier, etc.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite programs including Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook
Work Environment & Physical demands
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or touch objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach above shoulders; and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move drawings, files, parts, and manuals weighing up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Company policy/procedure compliance
Follow all company policies and procedures as outlined in the employee handbook.
Our people are the most valuable asset we have. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, inventiveness, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities and talent that our employees invest in their work represents a significant part of not only our culture, but our reputation and company’s achievement as well.
We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.
Apply for this position
Fill out the form below to apply for this position.