Under the direction of the Controls Engineering Manager, the Software Engineer performs computer software activities relating to the design, testing, and manufacture of electronic components, products, and systems. Involved in all phases of the product and systems development life cycle. Contributes to new system concepts and customer contact. Performs site start-ups, and achieves an on-time completion of projects within the project budget.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Develop integration into customer databases
- Write software code using company standard methods and conventions. Software may be written using but is not limited
to, the following procedural and programming languages: C++, C#, VB.Net, SQL.
- Develop software design based on project specifications. Lead software integration, verification and validation.
- Maintains competence in required skills and an awareness of newly released software.
- Meets project schedules. Provides lead project engineer with timely status reports of assignments.
- Produces meaningful project control documentation.
- Performs in-house testing on control components and systems. Performs software tests at vendor site as needed.
- Travels as required to complete project tasks.
- Supports customer training efforts.
- Maintains a strong company presence and positive working relationships with customers, subcontractors, vendors and co-workers to accomplish smooth system start-ups.
- Comply with all quality and safety regulations.
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Education and/or Experience
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree (BA) in software engineering, computer engineering, computer science or a related field; or an associate’s degree and three to five years of programming using Java or Python.
- Minimum of 2 years experience coding using C#.
- Familiarity with Java and Python is required. Experience writing code with Java and Python preferred.
Our people are the most valuable asset we have. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, inventiveness, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities and talent that our employees invest in their work represents a significant part of not only our culture, but our reputation and company’s achievement as well.
We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.
Apply for this position
Fill out the form below to apply for this position.