Flywheel Single-Station Press
This firm came to Midwest Engineered System looking for a semi-automated assembly press machine for individual flywheels. Each flywheel had to be assembled every 50 seconds or less.
- Bearing Race manually loaded
- Press cycle manually initiated
- Press verification
- Parts must then be automatically transported to unload station
- Automatic flywheels introduction (from part washer)
The following methods, components and technologies were implemented and integrated to provide a comprehensive solution:
- Two strand chain conveyor integrated to parts washer conveyor for automatic flywheel introduction
- Automatically locate part for pressing on centers
- Provide access to manually load bearing race
- Hydraulic pressing station using Promess force load monitoring system for press verification feedback
- Automatic part transportation to part flipping station
- Automatic part flipping for manual operator unloading
Impact to the Customer
The solution MWES provided this firm achieved these goals:
- Part rate of one part assembled every 50 seconds or less
- Parts are semi-automatically assembled
- All pressing is verified using Promess force load monitoring technology
- Bad parts are automatically identified
Midwest Engineered Systems has a wide range of experience of building turn-key custom automation cells. If you’re looking to improve your manufacturing throughput, we have the knowledge and experience to make the project a success.
Contact us to learn about how Midwest Engineered Systems can automate even your most complex and challenging operations today!