Flywheel Single-Station Press
Midwest Engineered Systems designed a semi-automated assembly press for individual flywheels to be assembled every 50 seconds or less
The ChallengeAutomatic flywheels introduction (from part washer)
- Bearing Race manually loaded
- Press cycle manually initiated.
- Press verification
- Parts must then be automatically transported to unload station
- The following methods, components and technologies were implemented and integrated to provide a comprehensive solution:
- Two strand chain conveyor integrated to parts washer conveyor for automatic flywheel introduction
- Automatically locate part for pressing on centers.
- Provide access to manually load bearing race
- Hydraulic pressing station using Promess force load monitoring system for press verification feedback
- Automatic part transportation to part flipping station
- Automatic part flipping for manual operator unloading
Impact to the Customer
- Part rate of 1 part assembled every 50 seconds or less
- Parts are semi-automatically assembled
- All pressing is verified using Promess force load monitoring technology
- Bad parts are automatically identified
For more information on this equipment or other web handling needs please contact MWES.