Under the direction of the Materials Manager, the Parts Coordinator is responsible for sorting and placing materials or parts on racks, job carts, or in bins according to information listed on the receiving ticket. Duties also include inspecting incoming parts to ensure outside processes are complete according to drawing specifications.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Organize BOM components upon receipt
- Build job carts and bins with proper identification for mechanical and electrical parts
- Palletized parts are inventoried, assigned a pallet number and documented by a project in Jobscope, Excel and/or Smartsheet
- Review racking data weekly for accuracy and document with photos and update in Smartsheet/Excel.
- Review paint parts as completed; distribute to project carts or inventoried to be moved into racking
- Distribute machine shop parts daily.
- As needed remove the cardboard from shop bays, cage and electrical assembly room.
- Use drawings and bills of materials to kit parts for mechanical and electrical part
- Work with purchasing, engineering and manufacturing departments to meet customer requirements.
- Maintain a high level of quality customer service, follow up on inquiries, maintain correspondence – status, confirmations, delays, etc.
- Answer incoming emails in a timely and professional manner.
- Use a forklift or other material moving devices to ensure that parts are placed in the proper racking location
- Notify Project Managers, Service Coordinators, Engineers, Purchasing and assembly floor including photos when parts arrive.
- Assist with incoming parts inspections using the proper measuring tools such as micrometers, dial calipers, pin gages, etc.
- Comply with all quality and safety regulations
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Education and/or Experience
- Minimum of an Associate’s degree (AA) or three years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have a working knowledge of inventory control and materials management.
- Must be able to read and understand CAD drawings/blueprints
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to learn, use and navigate an ERP system.
- Able to use inspection equipment including micrometers, calipers, pin gages, etc.
- Understanding of outside machining processes such as black oxide and heat treatment, is preferred.
Our people are the most valuable asset we have. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, inventiveness, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities and talent that our employees invest in their work represents a significant part of not only our culture, but our reputation and company’s achievement as well.
We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.
Apply for this position
Fill out the form below to apply for this position.