Midwest Engineering Systems Inc. (MWES), an innovator and leader in complex systems integration, has been providing custom design and automation solutions for over 30 years. A company dedicated to customer satisfaction and successful solutions, MWES continues to expand its capabilities and has become a valued supplier to many loyal customers. MWES technical expertise includes a vast knowledge base serving customers in many industries.
MWES, located in Waukesha, Wisconsin, is currently recruiting for an EXPERIENCED PANEL BUILDER. This is a full time, direct hire position. MWES offers competitive wages and a complete benefit package.
Our ideal candidate will have experience understanding CAD drawings/schematics/blueprints to assemble, install and debug complex machines. This person should have their own tools and be willing to travel with little notice. Experience wiring multi-door electrical enclosures and Industrial Automation is preferred!
A 2-year Associates degree in a skilled trade or equivalent trade experience preferred.
Under the direction of the Electrical Shop Manager, the Panel Builder uses schematics to wire panels, control boxes, J-Boxes, PLC’s, HMI’s and various other electrical components. The Panel Builder will also fabricate cut-outs in enclosures for various electrical hardware components. The use of different electrical and pneumatic hand tools is necessary to complete day-to-day tasks as is basic mechanical ability with other hand tools. Working knowledge of electrical schematics, electrical components, wire gages, electrical standards and wiring troubleshooting skills.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Organize and manage electrical schematics, shop materials, job inventory and tools to insure that the panel shop portrays a professional image.
- Assist the Shop Manager and Panel Build Leadman in maintaining the shop schedule and workload in order to keep it realistic and on time.
- Wire electrical sub-panels from schematics and customer specifications.
- Modify enclosures as required to fit components.
- Perform panel testing under power.
- Install cord grips, hardware and flexible conduit to interconnect enclosures.
- Light mechanical assembly.
- Operate a variety of labeling devices and machines.
- Proficient with industry electrical code, NEC, ANSI, NFPA, and OSHA.
- Travel to installations is required.
- Assist with Shipping & Receiving of job material and parts.
- Stay current on new developments in the industry.
- Comply with all quality and safety regulations.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
Our people are the most valuable asset we have. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, inventiveness, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities and talent that our employees invest in their work represents a significant part of not only our culture, but our reputation and company’s achievement as well.
We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.
Apply for this position
Fill out the form below to apply for this position.