Mechanical Engineer Career
Job Posted on July 2021
Midwest Engineering Systems Inc. (MWES), an innovator and leader in complex systems integration, has been providing custom design and automation solutions for 30 years. A company dedicated to customer satisfaction and successful solutions, MWES continues to expand its capabilities and has become a valued supplier to many loyal customers. MWES technical expertise includes a vast knowledge base serving customers in many industries.
MWES, located in Waukesha, Wisconsin, is currently recruiting for an Experienced Mechanical Engineer. This is a full time, direct hire position. MWES offers competitive wages and a complete benefit package.
Our ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in mechanical design and proficient using SolidWorks and EPDM software. Experience with industrial automation/systems integration required.
Under supervision of the Mechanical Engineering Manager, the Mechanical Engineer (ME) assists with the designs, develops, and tests all aspects of mechanical components, equipment, and machinery. Demonstrate creativity and ingenuity when applying engineering principals to design custom machining project involving automation principals. The ME works as a member of a project team and coordinates work with others, while achieving and on-time completion of the project within budgetary constraints.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Develop the structural design of products using drafting tools or computer-assisted design (CAD) or drafting equipment and software.
- Research, design, evaluate, install, operate, and maintain mechanical products, equipment, systems and processes to meet requirements, applying knowledge of engineering principles.
- Collaborate with project team, peers and management to implement operating procedures, resolve system malfunctions, or provide technical information. Recommend design modifications to eliminate machine or system malfunctions.
- Develop and test models of alternate designs and processing methods to assess feasibility, operating condition effects, possible new applications and necessity of modification.
- Develop, coordinate, or monitor all aspects of production, including selection of manufacturing methods, fabrication, or operation of product designs.
- Specify system components or direct modification of products to ensure conformance with engineering design and performance specifications.
- Provide Project Manager (PM) with timely status reports of assignments.
- Complete all necessary Project Development paperwork and produce meaningful project control documentation.
- Travels as required to complete project tasks.
- Maintains a strong company presence and positive working relationship with customers, subcontractors, vendors and co-workers to accomplish smooth system start-ups.
- Stay current in new developments in the industry.
- Comply with all quality and safety regulations.
- Carry out other tasks and assignments as requested by the Mechanical Engineering Manager or Project Manager.
Midwest Engineered Systems Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.