Machine Builder Career
Job Posted on October 2021
MWES, located in Waukesha, Wisconsin, is currently recruiting for MACHINE BUILDERS. This is a full time, direct hire position. MWES offers competitive wages and a complete benefit package.
Our ideal candidate will have experience understanding CAD drawings/blueprints to assemble, install and debug complex machines. This person should have their own tools and be willing to travel with little notice. Experience with Mechanical and/or Electrical Industrial Automation is helpful!
A 2 year Associates degree in a skilled trade or equivalent trade experience preferred. Industrial Maintenance, Industrial Mechanics or similar experience are encouraged to apply.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Read and interpret assembly blueprints or specifications manuals and plan assembly or building operations.
- Has an understanding of the build process and how to make minor mechanical changes as needed.
- Position or align components for assembly, manually or using hoists or lifts
- Lay out drill, ream, tap, or cut parts for assembly.
- Set up and operate metalworking machines, such drills, grinders, saws, hammer drills, etc.
- Understanding of pneumatics and hydraulics
- Measure and layout floor plans for systems using mathematics as needed
- Verify conformance of parts using measuring instruments, such as calipers, gauges, or micrometers.
- Work both independently and as part of a project team.
- Must have own set of tools
- Must be able to work nights and weekends is required
- Travel is required
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Midwest Engineered Systems Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The above statements reflect the general details necessary to describe the principle functions of the occupation described and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the occupation.