Facilities Maintenance Technician
Under the direction of the Facilities Supervisor, the Facilities Maintenance Technician will use their skills to support the Facilities and manufacturing teams by performing a variety of maintenance work to maintain the building including electrical systems, heating systems, plumbing, and work with manufacturing operations on hydraulics, pneumatics and machine assembly and maintenance/repair.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Understanding of mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic principals.
- Diagnose and repair machinery related to manufacturing including but not limited to: robots, fabrication and assembly machines.
- Diagnose mechanical and electrical problems and determine how to correct them by checking blueprints, repair manuals, and parts catalogs as necessary.
- Ability to install and repair electrical equipment including transformers, disconnects and breaker panels
- Work directly with outside vendors to order spare parts and needed supplies.
- Bend, cut and thread pipe. Seal pipe joints with sealing compound. Install conduit and pull wires.
- Diagnose and repair air leaks on equipment.
- Support all building/facility requirements including HVAC, plumbing, electrical and mechanical issues
- Maintains a neat and organized work area.
- Works with assemblers in troubleshooting mechanical, electrical, and electronics problems on production equipment. Makes repairs to equipment as needed.
- Performs and documents equipment upgrades, equipment replacements, and equipment part replacements.
- Performs preventative maintenance on a variety of machines including CNC, manual mills and lathes.
- Comply with all quality and safety regulations.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Associates Degree in Industrial Maintenance or a equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- 3 – 5+ years’ experience working as part of a facilities or maintenance team in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong mechanical aptitude with the ability to demonstrate a solid understanding of electrical controls, hydraulics, pneumatics, fabrication, and excellent diagnostic and troubleshooting skills
- Effectively communicate equipment malfunction and corrective actions to the supervisor.
- Communicate regularly with co-workers in all positions to maintain a high level of customer service and respect plant wide.
- Maintain a respectful and professional demeanor
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as correspondences, safety regulations, instruction and procedure manuals. Ability to write correspondences and routine reports. Ability to effectively communication one on one and in small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees within the organization. Ability to read and interpret documents such as drawings, routing sheets, safety documents, and other written instructions.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole number, common fractions, percent’s and decimals. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, commissions, and interest.
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to project a competent and likable impression of yourself and the company to customers and vendors. Ability to interface with company employees (including managers, colleagues, and shop personnel); verbally, in writing, and in person; in a positive and helpful way. Professional written and verbal communication skills.
- Requires the ability to operate a wide variety of standard office equipment, such as a computer and keyboard, a calculator, telephone, FAX, photocopier, etc.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite programs including Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook
Work Environment & Physical demands
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand (approximately 60%), sit (approximately 10%) kneel, crouch (approximately 30%). The employee will occasionally lift parts, manuals, drawings, tools, etc (weighing up to 50 pounds) throughout the workday. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Company policy/procedure compliance
- Follow all company policies and procedures as outlined in the employee handbook.
Our people are the most valuable asset we have. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, inventiveness, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities and talent that our employees invest in their work represents a significant part of not only our culture, but our reputation and company’s achievement as well.
We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.
Apply for this position
Fill out the form below to apply for this position.