Engineering Design Checker
Under the supervision of the Vice President of Operations, the Engineering Design Checker is responsible for checking and approving drawings from the point of view of; manufacturability, technical completeness, clarity, conformance with company standards, project scope, dimensional accuracy and the correct specification of materials. The Engineering Design Checker will also work with the Application Engineering department and assist with checking conceptual drawings prior to the mechanical engineering handoff.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Responsible for checking designs and working with the mechanical engineer on changes, modifications or corrections.
- Check drawing packages for correctness and completeness and generate markups documenting mistakes found and dimensional improvements. Make drawing changes to expedite the release process.
- Makes technical decisions and recommendations that are recognized as authoritative and have an important impact on extensive engineering activities
- Review and verify designs are interference-free, have proper clearances, follow best design practices, are manufacturable and follow the project scope.
- Compare detailed drawings with layout documentation
- Assist in generating best practice documentation for designers and engineers to use as a guide to reduce common mistakes and re-work.
- Stay current on new developments in the industry.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
- Minimum of an Associate’s degree (AA) in Mechanical Engineering and 3-5 years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 10 years experience in a mechanical engineering role
- Experience with Industrial Automation required
- Minimum of 10 years experience using Solidworks and PDM
Our people are the most valuable asset we have. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, inventiveness, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities and talent that our employees invest in their work represents a significant part of not only our culture, but our reputation and company’s achievement as well.
We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.
Apply for this position
Fill out the form below to apply for this position.