Electro-Mechanical Technician Career
POSTED: OCTOBER 2020
Under general supervision of the Installation Manager, Electro-Mechanical Technician works under minimal direction to assemble, installs, debug and troubleshoots various types of industrial equipment. Performs site installations and start-ups, achieves an on-time completion of project within project budget. Works as a member of a project team and coordinates work with others and contractors.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Meets project schedules. Provides manufacturing manager and lead project engineer with timely status reports of projects.
- Reviews installation layouts, mechanical prints and electrical schematic drawings.
- Modify existing control systems and robot software either in hours/ or in the field as needed.
- Performs in-house testing on control components and systems. Performs equipment tests at vendor site as needed.
- Create, modify, and troubleshoot programming for ABB, Fanuc, Kuka, Motoman robots
- Assists with panel wiring and mechanical assembly to meet project schedules.
- Travel as required (which will be 50% or more) to complete project and service tasks.
- Supports customer training efforts.
- Maintains a strong company presence and positive working relationship with customers, subcontractors, vendors and co-workers to accomplish smooth system start-ups.
- Perform field services duties as assigned
- Perform Preventative Maintenance of customer equipment as assigned
- Stay current in new developments in the industry.
- Comply with all quality and safety regulations.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Associates Degree in related field; equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as correspondences, safety regulations, instruction and procedure manuals. Ability to write correspondences and routine reports.
- Ability to effectively communication one on one and in small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees within the organization.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as invoices, bank deposit slips, procedure manuals, and various documents.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole number, common fractions, percent’s and decimals.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, commissions, and interest.
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Requires the ability to operate a wide variety of standard office equipment, such as a computer and keyboard, a calculator, telephone, FAX, photocopier, etc.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite programs including Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or touch objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach above shoulders; and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move drawings, files, parts, and manuals weighing up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
COMPANY POLICY/PROCEDURE COMPLIANCE
Follow all company policies and procedures as outlined in the employee handbook.
The above statements reflect the general details necessary to describe the principle functions of the occupation described and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the occupation.