Under the direction of the Materials Manager, the Buyer Planner is responsible for the coordination and purchasing of materials, equipment and suppliers of the organization taking into consideration cost, quality and production time constraints. Products are to be secured at cost quality and at delivery competitive levels consistent with company policy and performance standards. The position is further responsible for the timely planning and scheduling of receipt and inventory control of work orders to the shop floor.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Secures and analyzes quotations, negotiate prices and terms with suppliers, and recommends suppliers with respect to cost, quality and delivery competitiveness for assigned responsibilities.
- Work with the Manufacturing Engineers to address and resolve the disposition of rejected and/or non-conforming parts.
- Address and resolve invoice discrepancies and process returns in a timely manner.
- Coordinates, as appropriate, quality matters and engineering changes/developments between the company and suppliers.
- Track and expedite requisitions and purchase orders to ensure on-time delivery
- Maintain records associated with the purchasing function, supplying relevant information to the accounting, sales and production functions as required.
- Complete and maintain all required paperwork, records, documents
- Work with production staff on requests related to Job Management and Control in the ERP System (Jobscope)
- Coordinate with engineers to ensure the production BOM is accurately updated with all engineering changes and communicate Bill of Material changes to shop personnel as necessary.
- Follow and comply with all safety and work rules and regulations.
- Locate vendors of materials, equipment or supplies, and interview them to determine product availability and terms of sales.
- Other duties as assigned
Education and/or Experience
- Minimum of an Associate’s degree (AA) or three years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Read and understand complex mechanical CAD drawings
- Proficient with MS Office including Outlook and Excel
- Excellent and effective communication and customer service skills.
- Experience with price negotiations
- Must have a broad working knowledge of inventory control and materials management.
- Minimum 5 years experience as a buyer in a manufacturing setting
- Minimum 3 years experience working with production planning
Our people are the most valuable asset we have. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, inventiveness, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities and talent that our employees invest in their work represents a significant part of not only our culture, but our reputation and company’s achievement as well.
We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.
Apply for this position
Fill out the form below to apply for this position.