Posted in: April 2022
MWES, located in Waukesha, Wisconsin, is currently recruiting for an AUTOMATION TECHNICIAN. This is a full time, direct hire position. MWES offers competitive wages and a complete benefit package.
Our ideal candidate will have a minimum 5 years experience programming, installing, debugging industrial robotic systems such as ABB, Fanuc and Kuka. PLC programming (from scratch) helpful. Up to 40% travel is required and you must be able to travel with little or no notice.
Under the general supervision of the Robotic Automation Manager, the Robot Technician completes the integration, robot programming, debug, installation, and customer startup of custom automated systems. This requires team work and good communication skills with other team members along with customers. Each project at MWES may require the Automation Technician to learn a new programming language or learn a new customer process to automate. Automation Technicians are required to complete service calls on automated systems MWES has provide along with other integrators. This will require travel to customer sites to analyzes, identify, and repair system failures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Create, modify, and troubleshoot robot programming for ABB, FANUC, Kuka along with others.
- Complete offline programming task using simulation software.
- Assists with assembly of automated system which will include electrical, pneumatic, and mechanical. Must be able read and understand all of the above mentioned drawings or schematics.
- Travel as required (which will be 50% or more) to complete project and service tasks.
- Meets project schedules. Provides Project Manager and lead project engineer with timely status reports of projects with estimates to completion.
- Training customers on how to use the robot and the entire system.
- Maintains a strong company presence and positive working relationship with customers, subcontractors, vendors and co-workers to accomplish smooth system start-ups.
- Perform field services duties as assigned
- Perform Preventative Maintenance of customer equipment such as robot or bearing greasing, battery changing, etc.
- Stay current in new developments in the industry.
- Comply with all quality and safety regulations.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
Midwest Engineered Systems Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The above statements reflect the general details necessary to describe the principle functions of the occupation described and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the occupation.